Friday, September 26, 2008

Friday fun snacks!

Today was Myles turn to bring Friday fun snacks. Since the weather has been really nice here and feeling like fall, I thought I would try and find a recipe that would be perfect for this time of year. I found a recipe for pumpkin shaped rice crispy treats with candy corn, Indian corn & chocolate chips! I added the candy corn face because I didn't think that they really looked like pumpkins. I received an email from Mrs. Konecni saying that they were a big hit! Next time I will use a different kind of cookie cutter. The one I have has plastic on the top of the metal which makes cutting out the boys' sandwiches easier, but I think as far as having a good shape for the rice crispies a solid metal one will work best. The boys kept asking last night if they could "taste test" them, but I told them no because I wasn't sure how many my recipe would make. Well it made exactly 21, which is what I needed! Since I didn't have any left over, I have promised the boys that we'll (probably just me & Kevin due to the new Wii game) make them Saturday! Of course, Myles usually loves to help make snacks, but he, like Connor, was glued to the Wii so my other bestie in the house, Kevin, helped me out!!!



2 comments:

Payne Family said...

Aww, they are so cute! KA liked them too.

Chris and Rebecca Lee said...

what a creative idea. would love your recipe. i love doing stuff like that.