Thursday, August 13, 2009

San Diego Day 5

Day 5 was spent hanging out in Old Town San Diego & that evening we caught a Padres game.
Old Town was really neat. It reminded me so much of Mexico and the trips that I had taken there with my parents. I found the boys a leather belt, sort of cowboyish, for school that my dad would have absolutely loved! Of course the boys love it too & have been proudly wearing it to school every day!

On our way to Old Town we passed the cruise ship that was in port. This happened to be the ship where a man killed his wife while out to sea. The FBI agents were actually on the ship when I took this picture. Kind of scary!

We ate at a delicious Italian place & had some great pizza. Kevin called his parents to check on the boys & I caught him in action!


We went a little crazy with the plants here too! There were so many that were so interesting to us. I took lots of pictures of plants & here are some of my favorites!






Later that evening we headed to a Padres game. Kevin got our tickets online & since it was only the 2 of us we kind of splurged & got really good seats. We've never been so close to home plate & it was great! We loved sitting that close & hearing all the sounds that you would associate with baseball!


Our seats!


The view from our seats!


Go Padres! Actually Kevin was cheering for the Rockies!




2009 Grammy Nominee Earl Klugh. I had heard him on one of the local morning shows earlier in the day!


Padres VS Rockies


Managers giving a quick hand shake before the game!


Starting pitcher!


Helton was on fire this game! I was excited to get the ball in the picture!


Tony Gwynn Jr had a very different batting stance!



1 comment:

Ashley said...

Hi! I did get your email today, and I am going to post your information tomorrow when I do my weekly Disney series :o) Thanks so much!