Thursday, August 13, 2009

San Diego Day 3

Here are the pics from day 3. Day 3 we headed to La Jolla for an evening of kayaking. It was incredible! We took a sunset kayak tour & there were 2 other people that went with us. We went to 7 Caves. We took the bus from downtown San Diego to La Jolla. To say that I got car sick is an understatement! It didn't hit me until we were kayaking! It took us almost 2 hours on the bus because of all of the stops.

Here is the view of the pool from our room


The beach at La Jolla


One of the houses that was behind the ones you see sold for over 16 million dollars last summer!


Kevin and me kayaking! We took a tandem & it was so much fun! This picture would be before I puked 3 times in the Pacific! But I felt so much better after I puked!



Fault line


The white stuff on the cliff is really bird poop!


And the poop comes from these black birds


Here are some sea lions on the cliff. They were so loud & having a great time!


Close up picture. We kayaked up really close to them!


The sunset! I really wish that I had my Nikon D60 with me while we were kayaking because I could have gotten some amazing pictures. I ended up taking my Canon SD1000 instead & kept it in a ziploc bag. It was the best decision because as we were coming in from kayaking our kayak flipped! We got soaking wet & were freezing! The water was nothing like the good ole Gulf of Mexico that we are so used to!


This is us on our way to the bus stop!


Waiting for the bus!


I had to take a picture of the bus number that caused me to puke in the Pacific! Not that I will ever forget that bus ride!


We had planned to eat dinner in Mission Bay but of course I got sick on the way back too. We had to get off at some random stop so that we could get some crackers & water. Needless to say we didn't eat much for dinner this night!

No comments: