Monday, June 16, 2008

Prayer Request

What a day yesterday. Father's Day is especially hard for me because I was so close to my dad. I miss him terribly and could not bring myself to go to our church service because I could not get out of bed. I did go & teach my Sunday school class and came back home & laid in bed for a little while longer. We eventually went over to my mom's house for a bar-b-que with both of my sisters. Kevin had a nice day as well. He loves his Young Indiana Jones third set that the boys got him. He now owns all of the Indiana Jones movies ever made! Here is my prayer request. My mom fell Thursday and would not go to the hospital. Well I received a phone call from her neighbor at midnight last night (actually this morning) and the fire truck & ambulance were at her house.. Late night phone calls make me panic because that is how I found out my dad had passed away. Anyhow, my mom ended up going to the ER and is now in the hospital with a broken hip. The problem is that we leave for our much anticipated family vacation to Disney World on Friday and the vacation is completely paid for and is non-refundable. Please pray that my mom's surgery (if needed, which will probably be Tuesday or Wednesday) goes well. I'll try to keep the blog update with her progress.

2 comments:

Payne Family said...

We are definitely praying!

Hope said...

Just visited your blog for the first time and read this prayer request. We will be praying for your mom- If you need anything while you are in Florida, don't hesitate to call...Prayerfully, Hope