Thursday, June 19, 2008

And soon we'll be off....

Em & KA with their gifts to the boys. The boys showing off their treats!


It's hard to believe that in about 8 hours we'll be off & heading to Disney. Our ticker is finally down to one day, and we're so very excited! The boys want to stay up all night playing their new Indiana Jones Lego game for the Wii so that they will sleep in the van (great thinking boys!!!). We're almost all packed and ready to go too! Myles and Connor have gathered their money that they have been saving plus their money that Moo Moo gave them for soveniers! We have DVD players, mp3 players, toys, coloring books, one Ipod Touch, and a laptop to keep us entertained! Compared to 2 years ago when we drove to Colorado Springs, Colorado non-stop an 8 hour drive should be nothing, right???!!!!

My mom is still in the hospital and was moved to ICU last night due to an infection that is in her access line for dialysis. She had surgery this afternoon to have the line taken out, & she should be feeling much better tomorrow morning. Our next battle will be the gall stones that the doctors have found. We do not think that she will need surgery on her hip. It must be a hair line fracture, which is another answered prayer! We keep joking that we experience new things every day with her:) My dad only had one illness, and it was always the same. The past two days have been quite trying for me. It was four years ago almost to the day that I was so giddy to be going to Disney, but my dad was in the hospital this time. I received a call the next to last day that we were there that things were not looking well. I stayed until we were supposed to leave, and I'm so grateful that God allowed me to have 4 more days with him. All I have been doing the last few days is re-living that experience. My mom wants me to go to Disney, and I know that she wouldn't want it any other way. Please continue to pray for us as we travel and for my sisters as they deal with all that goes along with being in the hospital, etc.

I'm leaving you guys with a picture of the boys and their excitement! My best friend, Robin, made these bags for the boys before she moved to Virginia. I haven't mentioned her move on the blog because I'm in DENIAL about the whole thing and writing about it will make it more of a reality. I do truly miss her more than words can say. Hopefully when I return from sunny Florida I'll tell you guys all about my wonderful friend that God has blessed me with!

2 comments:

Hope said...

Have a great time and be sure to pack the water!! Tell Mickey hello- Have Fun, Hope

Anonymous said...

We can't wait to hear all about Disney!! Glad to hear that Myles lost a tooth in DISNEY!! We hear that the tooth fairy pays better there!! Prayers are with you and your family!! Love, Ted, Christine, Lauren and BFF's TED & TRENT!!