Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Myles & Connor's first ever road race!!!!

Myles and Connor ran in their first ever road race Saturday, November 1 (which was actually my birthday and it was the greatest way to spend it with the boys!). They ran in the Food World Senior Bowl Charity Run! They both ran the 1 mile fun run although Kevin thought Myles could run the 5K. Kevin ran with Myles & I ran with Connor! Kevin timed Myles at 7:10, which included the walking at the beginning that the race officials made us do! Connor & I were right around 8 minutes! I was so proud of him because he did not want to stop at all & ran the second half faster than the first half, which is what runners like to do!!! Of course I had my camera with me & was taking pictures as Connor and I ran!

Here they are bright and early getting ready to go! This is the race shirt that they were given!


Myles getting his race number on & his first ever race number!


And, here is Connor getting his race number on. He tried to tear his tag off early! Only Connor!!


In front of the sign!!


Warming up with daddy! We all have very good form!


Here we are stretching before the race!


The boys at the starting line!


Of course Connor still didn't want to take a picture.


Myles on the starting line!


And we're off. Here's Connor running. I didn't get any shots of Myles because they were in front of us. I hate that I don't have any pictures of him running.


Still running. We're running down Government Street in downtown!


We're running the home stretch. I was giving him LOTS of encouragement!


We finished & received a ribbon, which he is proudly displaying on his bedroom door!


Both boys with their ribbons!


Myles with his ribbon. He did such a great job!


All 3 boys after the race. I hate that I didn't get a picture of me & the boys. Or a family shot.
What a very special day for our family. We had a blast sharing one of our loves with our boys and hope that one day they too love running! I tried capturing every first and special moment of the boys with the camera since it was their first race.

1 comment:

Payne Family said...

Looks like you guys had a great day!