Saturday, May 5, 2007

Rockhounds 25 Sand Gnats 24

What an awesome game today. Although we lost by one run, it was definitely the best game we've played all year long. I think that Myles made the play of the year, if not, one of the best plays in the league this year. We needed to hold the other team to four runs so we could have our last chance to tie and the other team had the bases loaded with one out and their best hitter was at the plate. He hits a line drive to the pitcher's mound, and Myles caught it! He then ran and touched the runner on third who had tried to run home. He made a double play! I'm still in shock. I've never been so proud of him as I was today. He was awesome. And I'm so thankful that his grandparents from Virginia were in town to see him catching his first fly ball! Every practice he asks his coach over and over for fly balls! Way to go Sand Gnats. Next up for the Sand Gnats will be the Hooks next Saturday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WAY TO GO MYLES!!! I am glad that your team is doing so good this year.