Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Adventure at work!

Yesterday I experienced my very first bomb threat! As a state employee, we have drills to prepare us for threats, but yesterday was the real deal. The call came in around 9:10 a.m. A man called the office that handles welfare assistance (I work in the child support division), which is located on the second floor of the building, and was mad that his wife's case was closed and said that the office had 30 minutes to leave the building because he had placed a bomb outside. Since we interview clients Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, we had a room full of clients. Our supervisor is in Europe and the program manager is out of the office so that made it even better! We managed to get all of the clients out of the building as well as all of the employees and we got to sit outside for an hour! I wasn't in my office so I didn't get to grab anything. Too bad I didn't have my wallet because we were standing in the parking lot next to Toys R Us and I could have gone shopping to pass the time! Of course, there was no bomb, but the police and fire departments had to check everything out. It was definitely quite an experience!

No comments: