Sunday, October 25, 2009

Virginia Tech VS Miami Game GO HOKIES!!!!

Call us crazy but the week of the VT & Miami game we decided to find some tickets on stub hub & head to VA for a quick weekend trip. It was an early birthday present for me! Yes we drove 700 miles on Friday (we let the boys go to school for half a day so they wouldn't be counted absent) & woke up Saturday & headed to Blacksburg (a little over an hour from Kevin's parent's house) to watch an AMAZING football game! We love those HOKIES! Miami was very highly favored to win & the HOKIES whooped them 31-7! It wasn't even close. It rained the entire game. Thankfully we had not purchased the boys' a ticket because there is no way Connor would have stood in the rain. Myles would have though. Because of the rain, I didn't get very many pictures. I had both of my cameras but the small Canon had no battery since I haven't used it in ages. So I periodically pulled out the Nikon & snapped some pictures. There was an awesome blocked kick right in front of us that I wish I would have gotten a picture of. Because the fans were so fanatic, I didn't pull the camera out during the game!!!!

The guys warming up!


Scoreboard before the game started!


A quick self picture! Not the best thanks to the rain!




LETS GO HOKIES!!!!


Quarterback Tyrod Taylor coming out!


The best flag ever!


Sweet scoreboard!!! I missed Miami's only touchdown because I was in line getting us hot chocolate. We couldn't feel our toes so I went to get something as soon as half time started & stood in line for what seemed like ages!


The we had to wait an hour & a half to get out of the parking lot. We enjoyed taking random pics & watching people trying to drive through mud holes & get stuck! Patience paid off in the end for us!


We had such a great day in Blacksburg and the rain didn't spoil our fun! We got in lots of shopping at our favorite store Campus Emporium & other shops. We even did a little Christmas shopping for the boys. It's not every day that we get to go to Blacksburg so when we do we over due it sometimes!!!!!

2 comments:

Payne Family said...

Love the boys ball pics and glad that you and Kevin had a good time at the game!

Kelli said...

Hey Jolene! Just wanted to catch up on all things Blogger...been a while! Hope y'all are having a great time with the family in VA! Blessings in 2010!

Kelli