Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Happy 2 year blog anniversary!

Wow, I can't believe it has been 2 years since I started this journey of blogging! I am so glad that I have blogged about our every day life for our family & friends that live far away, but I am also thankful to have this for the boys when they grow older! We have been super busy lately with baseball. The boys are having a blast & so are we. Kevin is doing a great job as a coach & is teaching the boys so much! A week ago, Kevin and I headed to New Orleans for the night while my sister watched the boys. We were going to leave early in the morning, but Kevin had the t-ball draft. It was at 2 so we didn't leave until 4:15. I had really want to take some photographs of the sunset on the Riverwalk, but we didn't make it on time. Instead I took pics from the car!

The sunset as we were driving through Mississippi, my home state!


We had reservations to eat at Emeril's restaurant, NOLA'S & it was good. I'm not a really fancy food person, but the chicken was delicious! The macaroni & cheese wasn't what I thought it would be so it wasn't good to me! I'm just a very picky eater! I would have taken pics of our meal, but after the immature girls sitting next to us made a scene while I took a picture of the cute butter, I decided to not take any more pics!


Sunday morning we went and ate at Cafe Du Monde & it was yummy! They were very crowded, but we didn't have to hard of a time getting a table. It was freezing, though. They had to have the shades pulled down to try and help with the wind.




I snapped this quick shot of this guy through the crack in the shades at Cafe Du Monde. He was really interesting, and I believe we see him every time we visit New Orleans!


Love this pic of Kevin!


We took a trolley ride from St. Charles Ave through the Garden District & Uptown and back. It was really nice looking at the older homes. Since we went to New Orleans the weekend after Mardi Gras, there were beads everywhere in the trees! There were even stands still up along the roads!


We grabbed a bite to eat before heading home. Kevin and I are notorious for picking random places to eat at in New Orleans and this trip was no different. This time we ate at a place called Daisy Dukes! The name was quite interesting, but the food was delicious! The was enough portion size to have leftovers the next day! I had my favorite red beans & rice while Kevin had a shrimp poboy!


And, on the way back to the car, we stopped at this delicious apple place & we picked up a couple of treats. And, yes, the apple was more than yummy!


And here are a couple pictures of the boys doing what they love to do: play catch in the backyard! I love watching them through the kitchen window & from the door! Myles is the best big brother to Connor and is already teaching him so much! I love this picture of Myles catching the ball!


And, here is sweet Connor getting ready to catch from Myles. He is really keeping his eyes on the ball!


One of my new favorite pics of the boys in our backyard. Connor is quickly catching up with Myles in height & has surpassed him in weight!

2 comments:

Kelli said...

BEST SUNSET EVER!!!!!

I might have to try to paint that one! :)

Love those chocolate apples too. Yummo!

Billie said...

I loved the pictures and the stories that went along with them.

Billie