Thursday, November 1, 2007

The BIG 3-0!

Today was the big day that I turned the Big 3-0. It wasn't really that bad & I had a very nice day! I'm very glad to have joined the 30 club with all of the members of my Community Group! The boys were super excited that it was my birthday and gladly told everyone we saw that their mommy was 30 today. I don't think that they really understood what it meant. I received a really nice MP3 player from the boys. Also at work today we had our annual United Way Campaign Rally. The theme was Top Chef which is one of my favorite shows. I decided that I would represent my unit. I made chicken salad and a spinach cheese dip. We had to have a theme & show how to make our recipe. My theme was "Tailgating SEC style" since our unit is split Auburn/Alabama. After each presentation money was taken up for each person & the one with the most money collected at the end was the winner. There were 5 people including myself & I couldn't believe it but I won. I was very excited and won a really nice apron! I've included a picture of my decorated table, a hat that I had to decorate and wear (thanks to Michelle & Denese for the help) and the apron. Thanks to everyone for the nice birthday wishes.
My office window
Me & the boys
Connor's card
Myles' card
Top Chef at work

1 comment:

Payne Family said...

Glad that you had a great day! You look so cute in you chef outfit! Being 30 is REALLY NOT bad! I think the 30's have been my favorite!