Sunday, March 30, 2008

The rest of Opening Day 2008!

Yesterday was Opening Day a.k.a. Jamboree Day. We had opening ceremonies, pictures, a practice game & then ate lunch at the park. It made for a very LONG day and exciting day. Our team played very well and our opponent was none other than the Sand Gnats. Our victory was bittersweet since we were Sand Gnats for 2 years! Kevin and I both caught ourselves saying "Go Sand Gnats" on more than one occasion. We are slowly learning to cheer "Go Grasshoppers"! (although I just typed Sand Gnats & had to backspace & type Grasshoppers!"
Our team before opening ceremonies!

We had pictures after the opening ceremonies & I must say that trying to keep white pants clean for 2.5 hours was a job that I completely failed at! I'm hoping that the pants look okay in their pictures, but if not, it will be okay (this is what I have been telling my OCD self)!
Family pics-

I didn't get a chance to get a family picture, but hopefully I can next Saturday!

Myles & Ted

Of course Opening Day wouldn't be the same without a best friends reunion for Myles & Ted. Because of Myles' late birthday, most of his friends moved up to coach pitch so he & Ted will only be in the same league every other year. Myles missed the cutoff day by 13 days, which is okay because he's will be one of the oldest in the league.

Serious baseball players!

Do we look serious or what? We both loved having the black line under our eyes & waited all day for Mommy to put it on!

Our first at bats!

Boy did both boys hit the ball very well! We were especially impressed with Connor since it is his first year, and we weren't really sure what to expect. And, he ran so fast!

After a long, hard practice game!

Both boys were kind of tired after the practice game. Myles still wanted to play ball non-stop when we finally got home! And, they both slept very well last night!

1 comment:

Payne Family said...

Looks like a fun day! I LOVE the orange!