Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Interesting mail


Today my mom called me crying, & I asked her what was wrong. It took her a minute to gather herself & she told me that she had received a letter that had a picture of my dad in it. You see my dad's hobby was collecting autograph baseballs & baseball cards. He would also take his picture with professional players and make the picture into a 5 x7. Then he would mail the picture to the player so that it could be signed. Well today we received an autographed picture and baseball card from Dale Murphy, who is my FAVORITE player of all time. Can you believe it? It's absolutely amazing. God's timing is so perfect. We received autographs that my daddy mailed for about a year after his death. I'm not sure when my daddy sent the picture to Dale Murphy, but I figure it had to be at least 3.5 years ago. And for my mom to receive it 2 days before we go see the Braves makes it even more amazing. As my mom was crying I told her that it's my daddy's way of saying how happy he is that the boys are going to see the Braves!

1 comment:

Payne Family said...

That is so cool! I have goosebumps just reading about! I hope that you guys have a great trip!