Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Finally home

Well we FINALLY made it home from Atlanta. It was a VERY long drive today considering everything that happened. Note to self & others driving in downtown Atlanta in a minivan pulling a pop up camper- there is NO WHERE to park & there are LOADS of one way streets! Long story short, Kevin thought it would be best if I drove so that he could look for CNN (the one & only place I wanted to go on this trip.) We couldn't find it so we asked a lady who was walking & she was like "Oh turn left on Peachtree St. & right on Marietta). Sounds easy, right? Kevin starts saying how the Peachtree road race is a race he's always wanted to run and about that time I see Peachtree & swing a left. All of the sudden cars are coming straight at us so I just stop. It was not the Peachtree St that we were looking for! That was quite obvious. A guy walks up and says "All you have to do is go right around the corner & you can turn right". Okay so we start going and as soon as I see the street to turn right on I turn and nail the curb with the pop up tire. Just terrible. As soon as it happened I knew that the tire was busted, but I didn't think the rim would be bent. Kevin is ready to kill me at this point! Thankfully we have a spare & Kevin changed the tire in the middle of downtown Atlanta during lunch hour. I knew that we weren't in Mobile because not one single person offered to help him! Here are some pictures that I managed to take while Kevin wasn't looking.

1 comment:

Payne Family said...

I am so sorry that you had such a rough trip home! I hope that the rest of the trip went better!!